Before contracting with Emory, we suggest reviewing the following questions. Considering these questions before a call or site visit can help our staff shape the experience to fit your needs. We have a variety of facilities ranging in type and size, and sharing your goals and vision will assist us in finding the perfect space to make your conference "Uniquely U"!
Purpose of Your Conference
- What is the goal or vision of your conference?
- What will be the size and scope of topics covered?
- Who is your target audience?
- How many people do you want to attend?
- How many staff will you need to accomodate this number? (Keep in mind, Emory requires a 1:12 adult supervisor to youth participant ratio in our residence halls.)
- How long will the conference last?
- When will the conference be held? Will there be any early arrivals or late departures? (Please note that we can only host conferences from late May to late July.)
- Will your guests stay in double or single-occupancy rooms?
- Will your staff stay in double or single-occupancy rooms?
- Would you like standard residential rooms or apartment-style housing?
- Are communal bathrooms or private bathrooms preferable?
- How important is on-site parking?
- How much communal gathering space do you need?
- If your event is co-ed, do you need to put men and women on separate floors or buildings?
- Do you require linens during your stay?
- Will your group require on-campus meals?
- What kind of dining experience would you prefer: all-you-can-eat buffet-style meals, catered meals, a-la-carte style meals, or a combination?
- Do you have any special dietary needs: allergies, vegan or vegetarian meals, Kosher facilities?
- MEETING SPACES
- Will your group require on-campus meeting spaces? If so, be prepared to give a basic outline of the number of rooms and minimum/maximum capacity needs.
- Will you need audio-visual support?
- Will you need access to computers?
- Will your group be bringing any laptops to connect to the meeting space's audio-visual technology?
- Will you be having scheduled recreational time? (Reservations are required for recreational times.)
- What do you plan on doing during that time?
- Will you need instructors of equipment?
- How many people will be participating?
- LIABILITY: If you are holding a camp with minors...
- What training will you provide the staff?
- Do you plan on performing background checks for all staff?
Now that you have reviewed these questions, Conference Services is ready to assist you! We can tell you if we have what your group requires and give you estimates on pricing. We can also start doing some preliminary booking of the necessary facilities and services you may be utilizing.